Pages

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Sizzix Lifestyle Bag Toppers, and some Unicorn inspiration!

I actually have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to gift-wrapping inspiration, but you wouldn't know it if you ever received a present from me because I always tend to leave it until the last minute - leaving me with little time to get too fancy. 


But recently I've discovered a whole new way to jazz up my wrapping game. I'm using the plain kraft bags that I have in my hall cupboard, but making them fancy with the addition of a few simple diecuts and embellishments from my stash.


This autumn-inspired decor is courtesy of an old packet of Basic Grey ephemera and the Sizzix Little Deer die, as well as the Sizzix Woodland Foliage die. Perfect combination! 


And it might not look like it, but this bag was even easier to decorate. This stunningly detailed Sizzix die is called Meadow Butterfly #2 and it's actually all one piece. I cut it out of a variety of coloured papers and then snipped out the different sections before layering them back together again.


Overall I'm quite chuffed with this technique for gift wrapping. It's another way of getting more use out of my dies, it helps whittle down my stash of scrap paper and it creates a fabulous result! I'll be doing more of this in the future I suspect!


While we're on the topic of parties (well.... kind of!) then you might be inspired by this bunch of kid's party ideas Sizzix Lifestyle have on their blog this month. You can find all the instructions along with a video on how to make these over here on their blog!

     

PS. The Trophy Husband has been back to his old tricks and uploaded an unboxing video of the latest release Sizzix Lifestyle dies that I received. Check it out!!
Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails